About Me

My photo
I am a 33-year-old housewife who fancies herself amortal. My three children range in age from six to thirteen years and factor greatly in my Peter Pan philosophy. Eternally fascinated by history, my greatest dream is to time travel through a device that doubles as a modern restroom—since my greatest fear is being forced to use primitive facilities. I worked for two years as a technical writer for a marketing research firm. In my spare time I read, act, volunteer with teenagers, and spend an inordinate amount of time trying to make my family laugh.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Week in the Life


I'm set up on twitter and I got a new follower this week, Sterling House Publications. I'm sure they did some sort of complicated search to find out who wants to be published...still it was an interesting thing to have happen.

Rejection number two faced me as I opened my email this morning. I love the feeling I get when I'm just about to open a reply to a query and there's this excitement at the possibility that I could be picked up. Then I read it, and mild disappointment hits. And it is very mild, I'm not sure why...I've never really taken rejection from strangers all that hard. I guess it could be that the rejections are just so gosh darn nice....see the example below...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Ms. Parker,

Many thanks for your email regarding your novel SEA ROSE, which I am declining with my regrets.

Given the demands of running a boutique agency and continuing to best represent my current clients, I must make difficult decisions every day regarding what new projects I can sign. I appreciate your thinking of me, and wish you the best of luck in your search for representation.

Cheers,

Kate Schafer Testerman

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment